Makes ~4 servings
This easy and healthy side dish captures the flavors of everyone’s favorite Chinese restaurant appetizer without the deep frying and wheat. Shredded carrots and cabbage seasoned with soy sauce and sesame oil are the stars of the show. Use gluten free soy sauce to make it gluten free. Serve alongside your favorite Chinese dishes.
- 1 2-pound cabbage, shredded (8 cups)
- 1 cup carrots, shredded or matchstick cut
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts (optional)
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp avocado or other neutral oil
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Heat large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil. Add ginger, shredded cabbage and carrots to the pan. Sauté until just wilted.
- Add scallions, soy sauce, sesame oil and black pepper. Sauté until cabbage is tender-crisp. Serve immediately.