These are simply delicious.
- 1⁄2 CUP WHOLE ROASTED ALMONDS
- 1 CUP SIFTED ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1⁄2 TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
- 1⁄4 TEASPOON SALT
- 1⁄2 CUP BUTTER OR MARGARINE
- 1⁄3 CUP GRANULATED SUGAR
- 1⁄2 TEASPOON ALMOND EXTRACT
- 1 TABLESPOON GIN, VODKA, OR WATER
Preheat oven to 350°F and grease several cookie sheets. Reserve 36 whole almonds; finely chop or grind
remainder. Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Thoroughly cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in all remaining ingredients except whole almonds. Form dough into 24 balls and place on greased cookie
sheets, making sure they have space between them. Press a whole almond in the center of each ball, or dot
with a bit of red food coloring. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Makes about 2 dozen.
This post is an excerpt from The Joy of Self-Care by Becca Anderson, which can be found at Amazon and Mango Media.